ABOUT OUR GROUP
SALT & LIGHT began in the autumn of 1995 in the living room of a rookie homeschooler. Offical membership began in 1996 with 17 families. Since then the group has had between 50 and 70 families join each school year.
The members and the leadership have helped countless numbers of homeschoolers begin their own homeschooling journeys and encouraged countless others to continue.
All glory and honor, thanks and praise to the King of Kings, our LORD and Savior, Jesus Christ! May He continue to keep this ministry in His will by His Spirit.
SALT & LIGHT Statement of Faith
- Jesus Christ is Lord. (Colossians 1:18; 2:10; Matthew 28:18)
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God, born of the Virgin Mary by the power
of the Holy Spirit. (John 20:31; Luke 21:1-21)
- He was fully God and Fully man. (Romans 1:3-4: Colossians 2:9)
- He was without sin and His shed blood is the atonement for sin.
- He was crucified, dead and buried and on the third day He rose from
the dead. (1 Corinthians 15:4)
- In Him and Him alone do we have forgiveness of sins and life
everlasting. (Colossians 1:20-22)
- Salvation is the free gift of God, given freely by a gracious and
merciful God; we cannot earn it. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- God is triune: God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
(Matthew 28:19; John 4:24; 10:30)
- Jesus Christ is coming again to judge every man and woman…His
Kingdom shall have no end. (Acts 1:11; Revelation 22:12)
- The Holy Bible is the inerrant Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16)
(While agreement with each of these statements is not necessary for membership, it is a requirement for holding any office in the group.)